Dated: April 14, 2023
Your privacy is important to Canon Medical Components U.S.A., Inc. ("CMCU," "we," "our" or "us"). This Privacy Statement describes the information we collect from you, either online through this website or any of the products, services, solutions, software, websites, subsites, forms, mobile and social media pages offered, owned, or operated by CMCU or our parent company, Canon Inc., our affiliates, successors or related entities (collectively, "Canon"), or your interaction with CMCU’s agents, contractors or employees or subsites (collectively "Services"), whether accessed online via computer, tablet, mobile device or any other technology or device now known or hereafter developed, or offline, and how that information will be used. The Services are intended for use by individuals residing and located in the United States.
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND INTEREST-BASED MARKETING
- TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
- RIGHT TO MODIFY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
- HOW TO CONTACT US
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We and our service providers may collect information when you provide information to us and when information is collected automatically from your interaction with the Services.
You may choose to give us personal information online to allow us to communicate with you, or provide you with Services. Our online forms ask for a small amount of relevant information, such as name, company name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. Individuals who apply for jobs may be requested to provide information that includes, but is not limited to, educational background, employment experience, and job interest.
The types of personal information CMCU may collect from you may include:
- Personal and business contact information, such as name, postal address, phone number, and email address;
- Financial information, other billing information;
- Other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, product functionality, product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data;
- Geolocation data such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, physical location, and other similar location information collected when you interact with the Services;
- Details of the Services you have purchased from us, accessed, or which you have inquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those Services and to respond to your inquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or applications or indirectly through the Services, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- Information you provide to us, including through customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
In addition to the information you may provide, CMCU may collect information when you access or use the Services or a website "powered by" another company on behalf of CMCU through our use of data collection technologies, including web beacons, Cookies (as defined in the following paragraph), and embedded web links. These technologies collect certain traffic information that your browser sends to a website, such as your browser type and language, browser history, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived. They may also collect information about your IP address, unique device identifier, geolocation information, clickstream behavior (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with CMCU websites or "powered by" websites) and product information. CMCU may also use some of these technologies in connection with emails and communications sent from CMCU and therefore may collect information using these tools when you open the email or click on a link contained in the email.
If you would prefer not to accept Cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a Cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing Cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject any Cookies.
Please be aware that if you disable or reject Cookies, some features and services offered or present on the Services may be slower or may not work or display properly.
Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Services. We also may include web beacons in email messages, newsletters and advertisements to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the Services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content and the products and services we offer through the Services.
Analytics Services. We use web analytics tools such as Google Analytics to assist us in understanding how people use the Services and related marketing and promotions. To manage your preferences with respect to Google Analytics click here . You can opt out of data collection or use by Google Analytics by clicking the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on).
Collection by Other Companies. We may allow other companies, including our authorized service providers, advertising agencies and marketing partners to use tracking technologies, such as Cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your visits to this and other websites on the Services. This information generally enables them to track and gauge the effectiveness of our Services and of various marketing campaigns and to serve ads about goods and services that may be of interest to you when you visit other websites across the Internet.
Use of Public Information. CMCU also collects information from publicly or commercially available sources that it deems credible. Such information may include your name, address, email address, preferences, company name, title, specific devices that are financed or leased (Uniform Commercial Code), interests, and firmographic or demographic/profile data. The information CMCU collects from its public or commercial sources may be used along with the information CMCU collects when you access or use the Services. For example, CMCU may compare the geographic information acquired from publicly available sources with the IP address collected by the technologies discussed above to derive your general geographic area.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may store, analyze, combine, and otherwise use the information we collect, either directly or indirectly, to:
- Improve the Services and the way we do business with our current and potential employees, customers, dealers distributors and resellers;
- Respond to your questions and requests;
- Deliver the products and services you have requested;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Provide you with information about CMCU, Canon, its services, products and promotions, jobs, or any other offers that may be of interest to you, unless you opt out or request not to receive this information;
- Perform research and analysis about usage and potential interest in our products, services, or content;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Services;
- Help us improve the overall accuracy and completeness of the information;
- Allow us to deliver personalized and responsive services, which can take actions based on the data you provide;
- Support the technical functionality of the Services, develop new products and services, and analyze your use of the Services, including your interaction with advertising, products that are described in the Services; and
- As otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement.
Financial Information. We may use financial information or payment method information to process payment for any purchases or sales made through the Services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
3. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are part of the Canon family of companies and may share your information with our parent company, Canon Inc., our affiliates, successors and related entities (collectively, "Canon") which may be located outside of the country you reside and are located in, including, but not limited to, our parent company Canon Inc., located in Japan. When you provide information via the Services, for example to apply for a job, we will also share your information with our affiliates to enable them to inform you of jobs, products, promotions, or other offers that may be of interest to you.
CMCU retains service providers and suppliers to manage or support its business operations, provide professional services, deliver products, services and customer solutions and to assist with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers include, for example, hosting and IT service providers, website management and support service providers, email service providers, automated data processors, credit card processors, debt collectors, shipping agents, and providers of marketing, communications, order fulfillment, delivery, customer support talent acquisition and employment management services. We may share your information with these companies to enable them to provide you with services on our behalf, and for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may share website usage and marketing information with our marketing partners.
In addition, if you inquire about products, services, software or other goods that CMCU does not sell directly, we may forward your information to a CMCU dealer, distributor or other reseller, and they may reach out to you about your needs. In any event, we expect our service providers to use your information only to perform the service for which they are engaged, while also complying with all applicable laws, and pursuant to our instructions. You expressly consent to your information being used as set forth in this Section.
From time to time, CMCU participates in initiatives, which include websites "powered by" another company on behalf of CMCU. As part of these initiatives, certain CMCU services and communications may be delivered at the same time as those from other companies. Some of these services and communications offer you the option to share personal information with both CMCU and the other companies participating in these initiatives. For example, you may receive communications from CMCU and other companies or have the opportunity to register online for software products from multiple companies. You can always choose to opt out of receiving communications from those other companies. If you choose to provide personal information to the other companies with different privacy policies and practices, that personal information will be handled according to the respective privacy statements and policies of those companies, which may differ from CMCU’s policies and practices.
We may also share your personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law; (In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.)
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
4. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
CMCU does not target its online services to children.
5. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
You have the right to request us to:
- Not send you marketing or promotional emails or other communications;
- Correct or update your personal information; and
- Not contact you in the future.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from CMCU, or if you wish to make any of the above requests, please:
- Click unsubscribe in the email that you receive from us;
- Call 1-949-753-4297 with your request; or
- Click here to submit your request.
Please note that we may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements and administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
We are under no obligation to store your personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information.
6. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right, under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), to:
- Know the purpose for which your personal information is being collected and used;
- Access, request and receive specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you;
- Opt-out of or object to having your personal information sold to third parties; and
- Not be discriminated against by us for exercising any of these rights.
You can also request us to delete your personal information; however, please be aware that we may need to retain some of your information in order to maintain our records, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data remaining because of backups and other reasons.
To submit your CCPA request, click here.
Additionally, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 gives California residents the right to request, from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party, and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by CMCU pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, please contact us at the address listed below.
CMCU may share your personal information with service providers that support our businesses and perform services on our behalf, such as companies that deliver email marketing messages that you have requested from us. CMCU does not sell your personal information to third parties, and does not share your personal information with non-service providers.
7. THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND INTEREST-BASED MARKETING
Links. There are a number of places on the Services where you may click on a link to access other platforms or websites that do not operate under this Privacy Statement. For example, if you click on an advertisement or a third-party logo on the Services, you may be taken to a website that we do not control. These third-party platforms or websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these platforms and websites and cannot guarantee the security of any user data collected there. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party platforms and websites you visit by clicking on the "privacy" link typically located at the bottom of the web page you are visiting.
Interest-Based Marketing. We contract with advertising agencies, marketing partners and other service providers to serve advertisements when you visit our website or other websites across the Internet. The advertisements placed on these websites may use tracking technologies, such as Cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your visits to this and other websites. We may also share information with these companies (including in aggregate form) and/or partner with these companies to provide interest-based advertising both on and off websites operated by CMCU. In either case, the purpose of the sharing is to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you, to analyze and improve the effectiveness of ads and emails, and to improve and enhance our website and its content.
Do Not Track . The CMCU website is not currently configured to recognize "do not track" signals sent as a header by Internet browsers. However, other settings within your browser may permit you to block Cookies or other technology that enable websites to collect information that can be used to tailor advertisements to your interest. Please check your browser’s settings or consult your browser’s help information for more details. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
When you submit information to CMCU through the Services, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across multiple computer systems on the Internet. Although we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your information, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data on the Internet is ever completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of such information at any time.
9. TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
While CMCU is a U.S. company, we may collect and you may provide us with information wherever you are located. The CMCU servers that process the data you provide us are located in the United States, Japan and other jurisdictions. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you understand that the collection, processing, maintenance, transfer and storage of such information will occur in the United States, Japan and other countries where the privacy laws may be different from those in the country where you reside or are located, and waive any claims relating to the collection, processing, maintenance, transfer or storage of data outside of such country.
10. RIGHT TO MODIFY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
CMCU reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time at its sole discretion. If we modify the Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. Changes will be effective immediately (except for material changes) upon the posting of the revised Privacy Statement on the Services. In the event we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through the Services prior to the changes taking effect. Please note that if you do not agree to the modified Privacy Statement, you may not use the Services. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of the changes or any applicable notice period will mean that you accept those changes.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please call 1-949-753-4297 or mail your inquiry to Canon Medical Components U.S.A., Inc. – Customer Privacy, 2355 Main Street, Suite 150, Irvine, California 92614.
© 2023 Canon Medical Components U.S.A., Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.